Scripture: Mark 6:30-44
Sermon: “Anything Can Happen”, Rev. Jeremy Smith preaching
Focus: Gratitude for the church community which makes amazing good things happen!
- Prelude: Joshua Fit De Battle of Jericho ; Fela Sowande (1905 – 1987); Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: This Little Light of Mine; Arr. Mark Patterson; Cherubs, Sound Seekers, Chancel Choir; Greg Henion, percussion; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Anthem: Alleluia! From Coronation (1727); G. F. Handel; The Chancel Choir
- Offertory: Praise His Holy Name; Keith Hampton; Greg Henion, percussion; The Chancel Choir
- Postlude: G Major Toccata; Chip Davis (1944-); Greg Henion, percussion
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.