Lent 2, Communion
LENT SERMON SERIES
Theme: “Seven Respectable Sins”
Scripture: Mark 5:25-34
Sermon: “I See Dead People”, Rev. Jeremy Smith preaching
Focus: The “respectable” sin of objectifying people is really the “deadly” sin of lust
- Prelude: Andante on Genevan Psalm Tone ; J. Rhienberger; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: Sing, Rejoice, Clap Your Hands; Mark Patterson; The Cherubs, Nancy Nordwall, director; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, accompanist
- Anthem: Grant Us Thy Peace; Felix Mendelssohn; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: He Sent His Word and Healed Them; Don Humphreys; André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Toccata (Concerto Gregoriano); Pietro Yon Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.