Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
Scripture: Proverbs 3:1-12
Sermon: “Sticking to the Script?”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Focus: Holiness is not found on a script; it is the ingredients we use in unexpected situations.
- 9:00 am
- Prelude: Love is Flowing; D. Sims; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Holy, Holy, Holy; H. Turner; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- 10:30 am
- Prelude: Dialogue and Basse de Trompette; Louis-Nicolas Clerambault (1676 – 1749); Michael Koller, guest organist
- Anthem: Shall We Gather At the River?; Arr. John Carter; The Summer Choir; Britta Hobbs, guest conductor
- Offertory: Word of God Speak; Millard & Kipley; Shelly Edwards, soloist
- Postlude: Caprice sur les Grand Jeux; Louis-Nicolas Clerambault (1676 – 1749); Michael Koller, guest organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.