First Sunday after the Epiphany/Baptism of the Lord
Theme: “Defining Moments: Decisions that Change Your Life”
Sermon: “Haunted By Waters”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: Luke 3:15-17, 21-22
Focus: Receiving God’s grace in Baptism
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Come Thou Fount w/Prelude in B Major; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Pour Out for You; A. North; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude and Fugue in E Minor; Ralph Vanghan Williams (1872 – 1958); Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Gloria from Coronation Mass; W.A. Mozart; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: How I Love Your Word; Mark Hayes; Carol Young, soloist
- Postlude: Trumpet Tune in D; John Stanley; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.