Third Sunday After the Epiphany
Theme: “Epic Stories for Everyday Heroes”
Sermon: “King Arthur’s Company”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17 (selected verses) – David & Goliath
Focus: introducing epic stories and our role in them
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Go Down Moses; A. Giamanco; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee; J. Purifoy; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Supplication (Four Prayers in Tone); Richard Purvis (1913-1994); Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Jerusalem; Sir Hubert H. Parry (1848-1918); The Chancel Choir, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: God is Love; Don Humphreys; André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Agincourt Hymn; Traditional English Hymn; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.