Third Sunday in Lent
Theme: “Off the Record: Lent from the Backside”
Sermon: “Off the Record with Herod”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: John 11:1-43
Focus: Jesus raises Lazarus (and us) from the dead
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Mary’s Elegy; B. Logan; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Epilogue on “Truto”; L. Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude and Fugue in E Minor ; J. S. Bach (1685 – 1750); Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: Dance on the Water; Randy Cox & Kris Crunk; The Sound Seekers; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, accompanist; Ronnee Edwards, director
- Anthem: Lazaarus; Robert Tanner; The Chancel Choir; André Flynn, soloist; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: God Remembers When the World Forgets and This Is My Father’s World & The King of Love My Shepherd Is; Bingham/C. J. Bond; Deborah Benke, soloist
- Postlude: Carillon (24 Pieces) Louis Vierne (1870 – 1937); Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.