Fourth Sunday in Lent | Communion
Theme: “Off the Record: Lent from the Backside”
Sermon: “Off the Record with An Unnamed Woman”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: John 12:1-8
Focus: The woman with the alabaster jar anointing Jesus with love
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: I Need Thee Every Hour; L. Larson; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Brethren We Have Met to Worship; H.S. Livingston; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Bell Prelude ; Joseph Clokey (1890 – 1960); Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: I Got Shoes; arr. Anna Page & Jean Shafferman; The Cherubs; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, accompanist; Nancy Nordwall, director
- Anthem: The Lord is My Shepherd from Requiem; John Rutter; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Steal Away to Jesus and Wallace Willis (1820-1880); Jereme Wilkie, soloist
- Postlude: Canyon Walls (Mountain Sketches) Joseph Clokey; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.