Fifth Sunday in Lent | Reconciling Sunday
Theme: “Off the Record: Lent from the Backside”
Sermon: “Off the Record with Judas”, Rev. Jeremy Smith preaching
Scripture: Luke 22:1-6
Focus: Judas as betrayer and zealot
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Lonesome Valley; E. Butler; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: I Am Bound for the Promised Land; H.S. Livingston; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude from Second Suite for Handbells; Michael Helman; The combined ringers of Genesis Ringers and juBELLation; Karin McDonough, director
- Anthem: Agnus Dei from Coronation Mass; W.A. Mozart; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Stabat Mater Giovanni B. Pergolesi; Megan Mattoon and Deborah Benke, soloists
- Postlude: Toccata Jules Grison (1842 – 1896); Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.