Theme: “Off the Record: Lent from the Backside”
Sermon: “Off the Record with the Crowd”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: Luke 19:28-40
Focus: How we go along to get along and are susceptible to mob mentality
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: When Jesus Wept; E. W. Ringham; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross; A. Prestwood; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Christ’s Entry into Jerusalem; Stanley E. Saxton; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Sanctus and Benedictus from Coronation Mass; W.A. Mozart; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: All Glory Laud and Honor arr. Cathy Moklebust; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Postlude: Piece Heroique (Three pieces) Cesar Fracnk; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.