Third Sunday of Easter | Native American Awareness
Sermon: “Doctrines and Dresses”, Rev. Jeremy Smith preaching
Scripture: Romans 13:1-10
Focus: Connecting our intent with the effects of our actions
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: An Upper Room; F. Ritter; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Like Tongues on Fire; R. Blake; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Oh, That I Had a Thousand Voices ; Paul Manz; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: A Navajo Prayer; Cary J. Franklin; The Chancel Choir; Carol Young, conducting
- Offertory: Come, Ye Blessed John Prindle Scott; Carol Young, soloist
- Postlude: God of Grace Paul Manz; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.