Third Sunday after Pentecost | Graduation Celebration
JUNE SERMON SERIES | Sabbath Sensibilities: “Saying No to Anxiety”
Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30
Focus: Taking a break from worry, letting God be God
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: My Jesus, I Love Thee ; M. Cox; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Serenade by Mozart; Arr. L. Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Scherzo; Percy Whitlock; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Offertory: Now Shines the Brightest Glory of Heaven from Creation; F. J. Haydn; Ian Schipper, soloist
- Postlude: Symphonia to Cantata 28 (We Thank Thee God); J. S. Bach; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.