Fourth Sunday after Pentecost | Music & Volunteer Recognition Sunday
JUNE SERMON SERIES | Sabbath Sensibilities: “Time for it All”
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Focus: Finding a way to stop multi-tasking and over working
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Come Thou, Almighty King ; L. Larson; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Joy Transcending ; L. Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Schubert Quintet Opus 114 and Winds of Morning ; arr. Sandra Eithun; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Introit: Give Me Joy In My Heart; Traditional; The Cherubs; Nancy Nordwall, director; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, piano
- Special Music: A Canon of Praise; Natalie Sleeth; juBELLation & The Genesis Ringers; The Soundseekers; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, piano; Karin McDonough & Ronnee Edwards, directors
- Anthem: Down By the Riverside; Arr. John Rutter; The Chancel Choir; Nathan Dwornicki, Bass & Greg Henion, percussion; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Selvaggio (Exultate); Mrs. S. A. Martin; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Postlude: Symphonia to Cantata 29 (We Thank Thee God); J. S. Bach ; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.