Fifth Sunday after Pentecost | Father’s Day | Pride Sunday
JUNE SERMON SERIES | Sabbath Sensibilities: “Why All the Baggage?”, Rev. Jim Parkhurst preaching
Scripture: Exodus 16:2-5 and 12-15, Matthew 4:18-22
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us; H.S. Livingston; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: I Am Bound For the Promised Land ; H.S. Livingston Jr.; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Forest Green; Richard Purvis; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Offertory: My Lord, What a Mornin’; arr. Harry T. Burleigh; Jonathan Green, soloist
- Anthem: Hold On; arr. Jester Hairston; The Summer Choir; Jason Sabino, guest conductor
- Postlude: Festival Toccata; Percy Fletcher ; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.