Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
JULY SERMON SERIES | “You Asked For It”: “All Religion is Political”
Focus: A look at how faith demands participation in civic life.
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Sunshine & Joy Medley; M.Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: I Know Whom I have Believed J. Alexander; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Voluntary in A Major; Percy Whitlock; Michael Koller, guest organist
- Anthem: At the River; Aaron Copland; The First Church Quartet
- Offertory: Ich bin in meinem Geiste; David Moritz Michael (1751-1827); Kurt-Alexander Zeller, soloist
- Benediction Response: Benediction; Don M. Dicie; Kurt-Alexander Zeller, soloist
- Postlude: Trumpet Tune and Air; Henry Purcell (1659 – 1695); Michael Koller, guest organist;
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.