Eighth Sunday after Pentecost
JULY SERMON SERIES | “You Asked For It”: “Uppity Women”
Focus: How women can claim their role in church and society.
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Impromptu on Bringing in the Sheaves; H.S. Livingston, Jr.; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Joy Transcending L. Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Song of Peace; Jean Langlais (1907 – 1991); Michael Koller, guest organist
- Anthem: The 23rd Psalm; Bobby McFerrin; The Summer Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Sonata for Flute: 2nd movement, Cantilena; Francis Poulenc; Ross Miller, flautist
- Postlude: Pasticcio; Jean Langlais; Michael Koller, guest organist;
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.