Ninth Sunday after Pentecost
JULY SERMON SERIES | “You Asked For It”: “Masculinity Without Patriarchy”, Rev. Jeremy Smith preaching
Scripture: Acts 2:17-18 and Galatians 3:26-28
Focus: What does masculinity beyond patriarchy look like?
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Go Down Moses; G. Giamanco; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: This is My Father’s World R. Williamson; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Preludio Sine Nomine ; Herbert Howells (1892 – 1983); Michael Koller, guest organist
- Anthem: Rise Up, O Men of God; arr. Kenneth Jennings; The Summer Choir Men; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Dear Christians, One and All; Ernst Pepping (1901 – 1981); Michael Koller, guest organist
- Postlude: Toccata in Seven; John Rutter (1945 – ); Michael Koller, guest organist;
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.