Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost | Communion
AUGUST SERMON SERIES | “Scriptures that Aren’t”: “God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: Job 1 and 2, Selected Verses
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Two Spirituals; Eugene Butler; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Sonatina, Op. 36, No. 1; M. Clementi; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Cortege; Louis Vierne; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: All My Trials; Arr. Norman Luboff; The Summer Choir; Deborah Benke, soloist; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Consider the Lilies; Samuel Liddle; André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Allegro (Concerto # 5); G.F. Handel; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.