Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost | Communion | Labor Day Sunday
Sermon: “Labor Pains”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: Luke 13:10-17
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Awake, Awake to Love and Work; C.E. Walz; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Impromptu on Penitentia; H.S. Livingston, Jr.; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Communion (24 Pieces); C.E. Walz; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Offertory: Ain’-a That Good News!; Wm. L. Dawson; First Church Quartet
- Postlude: Toccata; Theodore Dubois; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.