Twenty-First Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon: “Into the Fray: Fears Without”, Rev. Jeremy Smith preaching
Scripture: Numbers 14
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: For the Beauty of the Earth; John Purifoy; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Every Day, I Will Bless You; Richard Blake; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude; Leon Boellmann; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: A Simple song of Thanks; Susan Naylor Callaway; The Sound Seekers Choir; Ronnee Edwards, director; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, accompanist
- Anthem: Steal Away; Arr. Joseph Jennings; The Chancel Choir; Jonathan Green, soloist; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: How Lovely Are Thy Dwellings; Samuel Liddle; André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Final – Marche; Leon Boellmann; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.