Twenty-Third Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon: “Casting Out Fear”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: 1 John 4:12-21
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Is Your All On the Altar/I Surrender All; L. R. Summers; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Praise the Lord: Ye Heavens Adore Him; Austin North; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Pastorale; Charles Tournemire; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: How Firm a Foundation; arr. Dan Forrest; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Let the Bright Seraphim; G. F. Handel; Deborah Benke, soloist
- Postlude: Prelude in C Major; Camille Saint-Saёns; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.