Twenty-Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon: NOVEMBER SERMON SERIES | “LOVING GOD WITH YOUR ALL” | “Loving with All Your Heart”, Rev. Donna Pritchard preaching
Scripture: Matthew 22:34-38
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: I Want Jesus to Walk With Me ; Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: My Cup Runneth Over; Lani Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Praise to the Lord, the Almighty; arr. Kevin McChesney; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Introit: Take Care of God’s World; Carol Duebber; The Cherubs Choir; Nancy Nordwall, director
- Anthem: Precious Lord, Take My Hand; arr. Thomas A. Dorsey; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Jesus Loves Me; arr. Michael Glasgow; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Postlude: Toccata in B minor; Eugene Gigout; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.