Second Sunday after Epiphany
JANUARY SERMON SERIES | So What?
Sermon:“Jesus Heals…So What?”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Mark 2:1-12
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: When Jesus Wept; J. S. Bach; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: It is Well With My Soul; Roger Summers; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: In Thee is Joy (Catechism Chorales); J. S. Bach; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: There is a Balm in Gilead; arr. W Dawson; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Adagio (First Organ Sonata); Felix Mendelssohn; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Postlude: Toccata; Jules Grisson; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.