First Sunday in Lent | Communion
LENT SERMON SERIES | “Feasting Through Lent”
Sermon:“Fasting from Noise, Feasting on Silence”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Luke 5:1-16, selected verses
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Jesus Walked This Lonesome Valley; C. E. Walz; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: The King of Love My Shepherd Is Terry Osman; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Communion (24 Pieces); Louis Vierne; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Cantique de Jean Racine; Gabriel Fauré; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Shepherd Me O God; Marty Haugen; Jonathan Roberts, soloist
- Postlude: Carillon-Sortie; Henri Mulet; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.