Second Sunday in Lent
LENT SERMON SERIES | “Feasting Through Lent”
Sermon:“Fasting from Complexity, Feasting on Simplicity”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: John 3:1-17
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Give Me Jesus; Anthony Giamanco; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: I Have Decided to Follow Jesus; Stan Pethel; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Allegretto (Organ Concerto # 2); Louis Vierne; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: Get Together; Carol Duebber; The Cherubs Choir; Nancy Nordwall, director; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland, accompanist
- Anthem: Simple Gifts; Aaron Copland; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Up, Arouse Thee, Give thy heart into Jesus’ Loving Keeping; J. S. Bach; Deborah Benke, soloist/li>
- Postlude: Carillon Sortie; Henri Mulet; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.