Third Sunday in Lent
LENT SERMON SERIES | “Feasting Through Lent”
Sermon:“Fasting from Despair, Feasting on Hope”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: John 4:5-30, 39-42
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Blessed Hope; David Foley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Impromptu; Johnathan Kanal; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Intonations of Praise; Jason Krug; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Introit: It Was Good; Mark Burrows; The Sound Seekers; Ronnee Edwards, director
- Anthem: Kyrie from Mass in Time of War; Joseph Haydn; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Allegro Spiritoso; Greg Underwood; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Postlude: Fugue ala Gigue; J. S. Bach; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.