Fourth Sunday in Lent
LENT SERMON SERIES | “Feasting Through Lent”
Sermon:“Fasting from Excuses, Feasting on Enthusiasm”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Romans 12:2, 9-18
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Be Thou My Vision; Wesley King; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: God Be With You ‘Til We Meet Again; Mark Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Allegro (Concerto in C Major) ; Vivaldi-Bach; The Sanctuary Bells; Kris Sparks, director
- Anthem: Jubilate Deo Omnis Terra (Sing to God With Gladness); Flor Peeters; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Biblical Songs I, and III; Antonín Dvořák; Jonathan Green, soloist
- Postlude: Fanfare; J. Ascher; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.