Fifth Sunday in Lent | Communion
LENT SERMON SERIES | “Feasting Through Lent”
Sermon:“Fasting from Discontent, Feasting on Gratitude”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Philippians 4:11-13
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Wonderful Words of Life; Anthony Giamanco; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah; C. E. Walz; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Allegretto (Symphonie #5); C. M. Widor; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing; Arr. Leo Nestor; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Biblical Songs V; Antonín Dvořák; André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Festive March; Gustav Merkel; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.