Native American Awareness Sunday
APRIL SERMON SERIES | “Grounded Faith”
Sermon:“The Stories We Need to Tell with Compassion”, Rev. Dick Storment, preaching
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: O Sacred Head, Now Wounded; Terry Osman; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Holy God, We Praise Thy Name; Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude in C major; N. Bruhns; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: A Navaho Prayer; Cary John Franklin; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Ute Sundance; Valerie D. Naranjo, arr. Ethan Sperry;
- Soprano: Rachel Consenz, Laurel Alyn-Forest
- Alto: Megan Mattoon, Joanna Meline
- Tenor: Jereme Wilke, Jonathan Green
- Bass: Dylan Moe, Jonny Roberts, Andre Flynn
- Postlude: Carillon; M. Dupre; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.