Sixth Sunday of Easter | Ascension Sunday
Sermon:“Standing Around, Looking Up”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Acts 1:1-11
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Dove of Peace ; Harry Strack; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: See How Great a Flame Aspired; David Paxton; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: In Memorium; Herman Berlinski; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Offertory: Go Down Moses; Mark Hayes; First Church Quartet; Greg Henion, percussion
- Postlude: Hymn of Glory; Pietro Yon; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.