First Sunday after Pentecost | Music Sunday
JUNE SERMON SERIES | “Ordinary Grace”
Sermon:“Grace along the way”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Psalm 100
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Fairest Lord Jesus; Arr. Alex-Zsolt; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: We’re Marching to Zion; Hugh S. Livingston, Jr.; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Menuet Gothique; Larry King; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: We Celebrate This Day; Jeffrey Reeves; The Cherubs; Eleanor Cosgrove-Farland accompanist; Nancy Nordwall, director
- Special Music: Look At The World; John Rutter; Cherubs, Sound Seekers, Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Anthem: The Hundredth Psalm; Ralph Vaughan Williams; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: It Is Enough from Elijah; Felix Mendelssohn; D Jonathan Roberts, soloist
- Postlude: Toccata; Leon Boellmann; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.