Third Sunday after Pentecost
JUNE SERMON SERIES | “Ordinary Grace”
Sermon:“Grace at Play”, Rev. Jeremy Smith, preaching
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 2:24, 3:1, 4
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Grace Alone; Arr. Mark Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: You Shall Go Out With Joy; Geoffrey Andrews; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Celebration; Robert Hebble; Martin Ellis, guest organist
- Anthem: Ain’-a That Good News; William L. Dawson; The Summer Choir; The Summer Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Fear Not Ye O Israel; Dudley Buck; Jonathan Green, soloist
- Postlude: In Christ There Is No East or West; Gilbert M. Martin; Martin Ellis, guest organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.