Fourth Sunday in Pentecost | Communion Sunday
JULY SERMON SERIES | “The Real Social Network – Community in Christ”
Sermon:“From Luddite to Technophile”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Focus: Using everything we can to move into our future as a community
Scripture: Isaiah 43:1-3, 5-7, 18-21; Ephesians 6:10-11, 13-24 (The Message)
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Love is Flowing; D. Sims; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Allegretto; Haydn, arr. L. Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Brother James Air; arr. Searle Wright; Chris Nordwall, guest organist
- Anthem: Simple Gifts; Aaron Copland; The First Church Quartet
- Offertory: The Wilderness; Eric H. Thiman; Kurt-Alexander Zeller, soloist
- Postlude: Finale from Symphony #2; C. M. Widor; Chris Nordwall, guest organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.