Fifth Sunday in Pentecost
JULY SERMON SERIES | “The Real Social Network – Community in Christ”
Sermon:“Origin Story”, Rev. Joshua Kingsley, preaching
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Savior Like a Shepherd, Lead Us; R. Lau; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Sun of My Soul; L. Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude; Arthur Finkinsure; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: Praise to the Lord; arr. Ronn Huff; The St. John’s Boys’ Choir; André Heywood, director
- Anthem: The Music of Living; Dan Forrest; The St. John’s Boys’ Choir
- Offertory: For the Beauty of the Earth; John Rutter; The St. John’s Boys’ Choir
- Benediction Response: Dereva ni mungu (“In life, we are passengers; God is the driver.”); Jake Runestad; The St. John’s Boys’ Choir
- Postlude: Prelude, Fugue and Chaconne; D. Buxtehude; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.