Ninth Sunday after Pentecost | Communion
AUGUST SERMON SERIES | “You asked for it!”
Sermon: “How Much is Enough? (And How Do You Know?)”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Mark 10:17-31
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah; C.E. Walz; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Reflection on “Beach Spring”; R.H. Jones; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Choral; F. Chopin arr. Edward Lemare; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: All My Trials; Arr. Norman Luboff; The Summer Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: How Great Thou Art; Stuart K. Hine; André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Scherzo from Symphony IV; C.M. Widor; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.