Tenth Sunday after Pentecost
AUGUST SERMON SERIES | “You asked for it!”
Sermon: “Making Prayer a Habit or a Lifestyle”, Rev. Josh Kingsley, preaching
Scripture: 1 Thess 512-24
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone); Arr. M. Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Cantilena; C. Cooman; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Allegro (Concerto # 1); G. F. Handel; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: He Watching Over Israel from Elijah; Felix Mendelssohn; The Summer Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Eucaristica; Pablo Casals; Carol McMahan-Young, soloist
- Postlude: Allegro; William Wolond; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.