Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
AUGUST SERMON SERIES | “You asked for it!”
Sermon: “What Does it Mean to ‘Witness’ to Our Faith?”, Rev. Andy Oliver, preaching
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:16-21
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: A Celtic Benediction; R.K. Boesiger; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: All Creatures of Our God and King; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: ; Adagio (Sonata Opus 27 no. 2) The Moonlight; L. von Beethoven; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: I Waited for the Lord; F. Mendelssohn; The Summer Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Total Eclipse from Samson; G.F. Handel; Jonathan Green, soloist
- Postlude: AHymn to the Sun (24 Pieces) ; Louis Vierne; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.