Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost
AUGUST SERMON SERIES | “You asked for it!”
Sermon: “Authentically You – At Any Age”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Psalm 71; Ecclesiastes 3:1-15
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Be Thou My Vision; W. King; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: You Shall Go Out With Joy; G. Andrews; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude in a Classic Style; Gordon Young; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: How Firm A Foundation; Arr. Dan Forrest; The Summer Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Guide Me, O Great Jehovah; Paul Manz; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Postlude: Toccata con Rico Tino; Robert Hebble; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.