Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost
SEPTEMBER SERMON SERIES | “Soul Food!”
Sermon: “A Righteous Foodie”, Rev. Joshua Kingsley, preaching
Scripture: John 6:25-35
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: In the Garden; David Ritter; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Mighty is Our God; arr. Lloyd Larson; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Preludium in E Minor; N. Bruhns; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Offertory: Old Time Religion; arr. Moses Hogan; Deborah Benke, Megan Mattoon, Andre Flynn, Jonathan Green, Erick Lichte
- Postlude: Fugue in G; N. Bruhns; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.