Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon: “Full of Hot Air”, Rev. John Tucker, preaching
Scripture: Hebrews 11:1-3, 8-12
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Sweet Hour of Prayer; David Ritter; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Reflection on “Beach Spring”; G. Ryan H. Jones; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Marche Triumphal; S. Karg Elert; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: The Church’s One Foundation; Arr. Dan Forrest; The Chancel Choir, Greg Henion, percussionist, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: He Never Failed Me, Robert Ray; The Chancel Choir, Greg Henion, percussionist, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Postlude: Festival Toccata; Percy Fletcher; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.