Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
SEPTEMBER SERMON SERIES | “Soul Food!”
Sermon: “The Word of God for the People of God”, Rev. Andy Oliver, preaching
Scripture: Psalm 105 (selected verses)
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Be Thou My Vision; David Ritter; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee; Laura Bergquist; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: First German Dance; W.A. Mozart; BRAVO D’Rivera Winds, Natalie Neshyba and Jon Holloway, conductors
- Anthem: My God is a Rock; Arr. Parker/Shaw; The Chancel Choir, André Flynn, soloist, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Symphony No. 1 mvt. 4 (theme); Johannes Brahms; Don’t Worry, Be Happy; Bobby McFerrin; BRAVO D’Rivera Winds, Natalie Neshyba and Jon Holloway, conductors
- Postlude: Psalm 19; Benedetto Marcello; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.