Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost
SEPTEMBER SERMON SERIES | “Soul Food!”
Sermon: “Open-Hearted Eyesight”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Ephesians 1:15-19
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: What a Friend; David Ritter; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Let the Heavens Be Glad; Lani Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Adante; Joseph Clokey; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: The Singing Heart; Bob Chilcott; The Chancel Choir & Sanctuary Bells, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Make Me An Instrument of Thy Peace; Kevin McChesney, The Sanctuary Bells, Jessica Mason, trumpet, Brian Hauenstein, trombone, Kris Sparks, director
- Postlude: Comes Autumn Time; Leo Sowerby; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.