Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Brought to You by the Letter “R”
Sermon: “Repentance”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Isaiah 58: 1-12
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: This is the Day of New Beginnings; Arr. Mark Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Gwalshmei; Louis Richard Purvis; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: We Are the Body of Christ; Emily Lund; The Sound Seekers, Nancy Nordwall, accompanist, Ronnee Edwards, director
- Anthem: Turn Not Thy Face; Leland B. Sateren; The Chancel Choir; Celine Clark, soloist, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Sheep and Lambs May Safely Graze; J.S. Bach, Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Postlude: Rigadaun; Andre Campra; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.