Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Brought to You by the Letter “R”
Sermon: “Revelation”, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 2:1-5, 9-11
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: In This Very Room; Arr. Mark Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: As the Spirit Moves; Garrett Parker; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Prelude and Fugue in E minor; J.S. Bach; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Have You Not Known; John Carter; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: I Will Bless the Lord (Psalm 34); John Schiavone, André Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Prelude on a Te Deum; M.A. Charpentier; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.