Twenty First Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon: Reformation, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:7-18
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Come, Share the Lord; Arr. Mark Hayes; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Allegretto; Haydn; arr. Lani Smith; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: ‘Soliloquy’ from Suite for Handbells; Michael Helman; juBELLation & Genesis, Karen McDonough, director
- Introit: God is So Good; Arr. Douglas E. Wagner; The Cherubs & Chancel Choir, Kendra Friar, conductor
- Anthem: A Mighty Fortress is Our God; Arr. Dan Forest; The Chancel Choir; Greg Henion, percussion; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Alleluia!; Ferdinand Hummel; Sanctuary Bells, Deborah Benke, soloist
- Postlude: Toccata in B Minor; Eugene Gigout, Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.