Twenty Third Sunday after Pentecost
Liberating the End
Sermon: Liberating Expectations, Rev. Joshua Kingsley, preaching
Scripture: Luke 17:20-37
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Your Name. Arr. Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: O God, Our Help in Ages Past; Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Exuberant Joy; S. Karg Elert; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Introit: Created to Create; S. Karg Elert; Mark Burrows; The Sound Seekers; Ronnee Edwards, director
- Anthem: Little David, Play on Your Harp; Arr. Paul Christiansen; Jonathan Green, soloist; The Chancel Choir; Carol McMahon-Young, conductor
- Offertory: Day by Day; Matthew Compton; The Sanctuary Bells
- Postlude: Toccata in D Minor (“Dorian”); J. S. Bach; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.