Twenty Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
Liberating the End
Sermon: Liberating Systems, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Matthew 20:1-16
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Before the Throne of God Above. Arr. Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Praise to the Lord, the Almighty; Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Now Thank We All Our God; S. Karg Elert; Jonas Nordwall, Organist
- Anthem: Sing to the Lord of Harvest; Healey Willan; The Chancel Choir; Carol McMahon-Young, conductor
- Offertory: Violin Concerto in D Major, op 35, #3; Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky; Amaya Smole, Violinist
- Postlude: Now Thank We all Our God; J. S. Bach/ Virgil Fox, Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.