Twenty Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
Christ the King Sunday
Sermon: Liberating Power, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Open the Eyes of My Heart. Arr. Mark Hyzer; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Lead On, O King Eternal; Larry Shackley; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Vesper Processional; Harvey Gaul; Jonas Nordwall, Organist
- Anthem: The King of Love My Shepherd Is; Arr. Mack Wilberg; The Chancel Choir; Ann Kayser and Marie Zeller, flutes, Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Light ; John Prindle Scott; Jonathan Green, soloist
- Postlude: Toccata (Modale Suite) ; Flor Peeters, Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.