First Sunday in Advent
World AIDS Sunday
Sermon: The Art of Christmas – Hospitality, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Romans 12:9-21
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Waiting for the Lord; Colin Curtis; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus; Stan Pethel; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Noel Provencale; Robert Leech Bedell; Jonas Nordwall, Organist
- Introit: Child of God; arr. Kendra Friar; The Cherubs, Kendra Friar, director
- Anthem: And the Glory of the Lord from Messiah; George F. Handel; The Chancel Choir; Erick Lichte, conductor
- Offertory: Behold, a Virgin Shall Conceive; George F. Handel; Carol McMahan-Young, soloist
- Postlude: Swiss Noel; Louis Claude Daquin, Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.