First Sunday in Epiphany
This Brave New World
Sermon: Living in Silos, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: Isaiah 60;1-6; Matthew 2:1-12
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Three Kings Fantasy; Greg Sewell; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude: Reflection on “Bradbury”; Hugh S. Livingston, Jr; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: In Thee is Joy; J.S. Bach; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: There Shall A Star from Jacob Come Forth; Felix Mendelssohn; Deborah Benke, Recitative, Andre Flynn, Jereme Wilkie, Jonathan Green, Trio, Erick Lichte, Conductor
- Offertory: Blest Are Those Who Love You; Marty Haugen; Andre Flynn, soloist
- Postlude: Finale from “How Brightly Shines the Morningstar”; Max Reger; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.