Second Sunday in Epiphany
This Brave New World
Sermon: Nuclear (Family) Explosions, Rev. Donna Pritchard, preaching
Scripture: 1 Kings 21:1-16
This Week’s Music
- Prelude: Softly and Tenderly; Hugh S. Livingston, Jr.; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Postlude:The Solid Rock; Robert Thygerson, Jr; Shelly Edwards, pianist
- Prelude: Folk Tune (5 Pieces); Percy Whitworth; Jonas Nordwall, organist
- Anthem: Ride On, King Jesus; Arr. Moses Hogan; The Chancel Choir
- Offertory: O Rest in the Lord from Elijah; Felix Mendelssohn, Emily Jones, soloist
- Postlude: Trumpet Voluntary; John Stanely; Jonas Nordwall, organist
We extend a special welcome to our visitors. First United Methodist Church of Portland declares that we will be an advocate for peace in our local communities and world. As a Reconciling Congregation, members of this congregation have pledged to welcome and support all who want to worship with us, regardless of race, gender, class or sexual orientation.
Visit the Coffee Hour after worship today for a tasty treat, good coffee, and lively conversation. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the people and programs of First Church.